COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN
In addition to providing the highest quality patient care, infection control has always been a top priority. We follow the recommendations of the Provincial Health Office (PHO), College of Dental Surgeons of BC (CDSBC), the BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) and WorkSafeBC.As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have instituted additional procedures to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. Here’s what to expect at your next visit:
- Our office will contact you beforehand to ask a set of health-related questions and again when you arrive.
- Your temperature will be recorded when you arrive at our office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we ask you to use when you arrive at the office and before you leave.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
- Please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment. If our door is locked, please knock.
After checking in, our goal is to seat you immediately.
- We will do our best to accommodate the Bowen Island ferry schedule but fewer options may be available to allow for social distancing.
- Office entry is restricted to patients with appointments only. Spouses, friends, caregivers and parents should wait outside if possible.
Social distancing measures will be provided in the reception area for essential caregivers and parents of minors if they cannot wait outside the clinic.
- Longer appointment times to allow us to provide and complete your dental treatment in the safest and most comprehensive manner
- Please leave your jackets, bags and cell phone in the reception area.
Do not bring these items into the operatories as dental procedures can create airborne aerosols
- We will wear personal protective equipment (PPE) like gowns, caps, face shields and masks to provide barriers against germs.
A plexiglass partition is installed at our reception desk.
- An oral pre-rinse will be provided to all patients to reduce the bacteria in your mouth
- We will introduce additional protocols to reduce airborne aerosols during all dental procedures.
- Ambient air purification in the reception area and all operatories with Surgically Clean Air filtration system using a medical grade 6 stage HEPA filter and UV-C disinfection for the removal of 99.998% of airborne virus, bacteria, mold, fungus, dust, pollen, odors, and volatile organic compounds.
- Our reception area and operatories will no longer offer magazines, books or toys as they are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Retail dental products and dental brochures will no longer be on display, please ask us about them.
- We have implemented enhanced reception area, operatory and washroom disinfection procedures of all surfaces in between patients.
- Enhanced nightly disinfection procedures of office equipment and surfaces including telephones, computer keyboards, chairs, door handles and buttons that may be touched inadvertently.